Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thing 20

This is the first time I have gone to YouTube and searched for things myself. I have received lots of forwarded videos that range from informative to hilarious. First I searched for the Dewey Decimal Rap that others have mentioned, and it is lots of fun. I then searched for altered books and watched a couple of videos explaining how to make them. You can find how to videos on just about anything. I then decided to search for children's book authors. I watched Kevin Henkes accept an award for his book Old Bear. I went along with Jan Brett as she visited her chickens in her backyard chicken coop and then went into her kitchen to make gingerbread cookies. She talked about her books and becoming an illustrator and author. I watched Tomie DePaola talk about his illustrations. I also watched a video of author Rooster Morris who has contacted me many times about visiting our school. Watching his presentation/performance will help me make a decision about whether to invite him. I think that YouTube has a place in libraries, but unfortunately it is blocked in Grand Prairie.

No comments:

Post a Comment