Sunday, October 4, 2009

Thing 2

I love the video clip. Boy did it ever bring back memories of how things have changed and how far we have come. I worked for a bank in the 80's, and I had to type a very long document on a word processor that was very unreliable. The machine was huge. I spent many hours typing only to have the document lost, along with all the hours I spent typing, because of some glitch in the program. Now I love "Word". I can't imagine how I ever completed anything my handwriting it.

It seems so strange now to have students who think my typewriter is the coolest piece of "technology". When they ask me what it is, I realize they have never seen anything like it before. That is how I feel sometimes when I look at all this Web and Library 2.0 stuff. I have never seen anything like these things before. It can be overwhelming. I am glad I have the opportunity to learn about the "23 things" that we are exploring in the class. I like the definition on the "11 reasons..." blog. It was clear and easy to understand.

I do wonder about something. While watching the video, at the end during the "We Are The Web" article, a section of the article was highlighted that said "teaching the machine" a couple of times. Did anyone else think Terminator????

No comments:

Post a Comment